Profile of Department of Marathi - U.G. Established: 2001
The Department of Marathi was established in 2001. Dr. Pravin D. Karanjkar is the head of the department. He has been awarded by eminent personalities and great institutions of Maharashtra. Asstt. Prof. Ku. Runali Thakare and Asstt. Prof. Tarkeswari T. Deotale have been working on temporary basis.
- To enhance the quality education of language and literature.
To become Global and Socially Conscious Centre in the language, literature, creation and related innovation of knowledge and technology.
- To empower our students throughout curriculum and extra curriculum activates.
- To improve rural students writing and speaking skill.
- To develop the students in literature and Drama Sense.
- To improve the stage daring among the students regarding Social awareness.
- To aware the students regarding superstitious.
- Most of students have completed PG in Marathi.
- The department has encouraged the students for creative writing.
- Dr. Pravin Karanjkar is awarded by ‘Akhil Bhartiya Marathi Virshaiv Sahitya Parishad’.
- Use of I.C.T. in the teaching and learning process.
- To increase the use of internet for downloading Marathi Literature and Criticism.
- Arrange the lectures of other Resource Person under Quality Improvement Program.
- The department organises every year Marathi Abhyas Mandal.
- Department organises examination on ‘Vivekanand Jivan Vichar Parichay Pariksha’.
- Department organises group discussion to develop the personality of the students.