Profile of Department of Economics - U.G. Established: 2001
The Department of Economics is established in 2001. Prof. Dr. Vilas Wani, and Prof. Ramabai Sute headed the department in the past. Eminent personalities had contributed for the progress of the department. At present Prof. Dr. V. M. Ghinmine and Prof. Dr. S. M. Hatwar have been working to the upliftment of dept. of Economics.
- To impart global knowledge & skills to the students
- To promote critical thinking skills & decision making abilities among the students.
To provide effective & skill oriented education which can lead the student to create awareness among them about economic choices across commodity, community and resources areas.
- To impart skill oriented & value based education to the students.
- To develop entrepreneurship among the students.
- To develop scientific research oriented temperament among the students.
- Faculty of Department is engaged in attended State, National as well as International Conferences, Seminars and Workshops.
- Appointed Dr. S. M. Hatwar for UG non-grant basis.
- Prof. Dr. V. M. Ghinmine is awarded Ph. D. Degree in 2017.
- During every year results of department is Satisfactory.
- All the UG Students had visited Bank of India, Wadner
- Since 2009 our department organizing expert lectures for UG Students.
- Department visited Biscuit Factory Nagpur in 2012.
- Department Visited Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krushi Vidyapith, Akola in 2017
- Department Visited Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Research Centre, at Kutki, Ta. Hinganghat, Dist Wardha in 2017.
- Establishment of Research Center
- To organize State, National & International Seminars, Conference with external funding agencies.
- Enrich the students through the guidance of eminent personalities from different sector.
- To organize various level of seminars for the students and faculties of the subjects.
- To encourage the research activities among the faculties by submission of minor or major research project.
- Arrange guest lecture for quality and improvement of students.
- Department organized social activities programme.
- Study visit to Bank of India, Wadner.